Types of cookies
- Session cookies – these expire when the browser is closed.
- Permanent cookies – these are stored on your computer after you close your browser until their expiration date, or until you delete them.
- Third-party cookies – these are placed on your browser by websites other the one you are on.
Our web analytics providers (HubSpot and Google Analytics) implement cookies to gather information about our website users, for the purposes outlined above.
Main cookies used by Power Ledger
__hstc (expires: 2 years)
__hssc (expires: 30 mins)
Hubspotutk (expires: 10 years)
bob体育注册HubSpot Marketing and communications tracking – help keep track of visitor identity and sessions
bob体育注册__ga (expires: 2 years)
__utma (expires: 2 years)
bob体育注册__utmb (expires: 30 mins)
__utmc (session cookie)
bob体育注册__utmz (expires: 6 months)
Google analytics tracking – collects information such as pages visited and time spent viewing pages
How to turn cookies off
How we use information we collect about you
How we use the information we collect about you will depend on which Power Ledger services you are using, as well as the preferences you have selected during your engagement with these services.
The information we collect about you is processed by us, or by third party affiliates, who have an equivalent or stronger privacy regime to that described in this policy. We use your information for the following types of purposes:
- To provide you with services and personalize your experience on the site;
- To communicate effectively with you or provide you with specialized customer support services;
- To help us identify areas of the site and our services that require improvement or added efficiencies;
- To communicate with you about new project announcements, events or new service or product offerings;
- To help direct our marketing, promote our services and drive engagement with our platform and services;
- To help make improvements and administer the website; or
- To inform you of general Power Ledger news updates (if you have provided your consent for us to do so).
Legal bases for processing (for EEA users): If you are an individual currently located in the European Economic Area (EEA), Power Ledger is the ‘data controller’ of your personal information under applicable EU law. We collect and process information about you only where we have the legal basis for doing so. This legal basis will depend on which part of our website or services you use, and how you use them.
bob体育注册This means we collect and use your information only where:
- You give us consent to do so for a specific purpose;
- It satisfies a legitimate interest, such as for research and development or delivering the platform or services (but only if your rights and obligations do not override the legitimate interest);
- We need to process your data to comply with our legal obligations
If you have consented to our use of your information you have the right to change your mind at any time, although please keep in mind this will not affect any processing that’s already taken place.
How we share any information we collect about you
We will only share your personal information with third parties in the following types of circumstances:
- Within Power Ledger itself – e.g. in order to improve the website or deliver the services;
- With one of our trusted third party service providers to fulfil any of the purposes listed above, and only in accordance with our instructions; or
- When you have given us your consent to do so.
We may share your information with trusted third party service providers in order to deliver the services you have signed up for, or to market additional services to you. Please be aware that some of these providers may receive or store your information in an overseas jurisdiction. We will not sell your information to any third parties or advertisers, including for marketing purposes.
We may disclose relevant information with courts or law enforcement authorities if we are legally compelled to do so. We may also use this information to defend or exercise our legal rights.
Links to other websites
bob体育注册You should note that these external links are placed on the site in a format which allows us to track the number of people following the links.
Where we store your information
We collect information from wherever you are located around the globe, and will primarily store that information on servers located and operated in Australia. This means we may transfer, process and store your information outside of your country of residence, to wherever we, or our third-party service providers operate. We take steps to protect any data we transfer. Any personal information about you that we collect and use, will be subject to the data privacy laws in place in Australia. These laws will be different, and in some cases less protective than those that apply to you in your country of residence.
How we keep the information we collect secure
Power Ledger takes the security of your personal information very seriously. We take all possible steps to help protect your data from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. Any personal data is secured on computer servers in a controlled, secure environment using appropriate physical, technical and organizational measures. Where your personal information flows through our trusted third party service providers, we cannot guarantee the security measures they may employ.
While we do implement appropriate safeguards, no security system is impenetrable. Due to the inherent nature of the internet, we cannot guarantee that data is absolutely safe from third party interference, either during transmission or during the time it is stored on our systems.
We have established procedures to detect any real or suspected data breaches and act in accordance with legal obligations. In the event of a breach, we have dedicated response plans which outline the requisite engagement with regulatory bodies, and the circumstances in which we will need to notify you (in the event your personal information is impacted).
Storage of data
We only collect personal information that is necessary for the purposes for which it was collected, and will only store this data for a period of time reasonably necessary to provide the services (or the period set by relevant legal provisions).
How to access and control your personal information
As a user of our website or other services, you have certain rights available which give you more control over how we process and use your personal information. The following are some of these rights:
- You can request access to your personal information and be informed
- You can request to have your information corrected or updated if it is found to be inaccurate;
- If you gave us your consent to process your data, you can withdraw your consent at any time (this will not affect any processing that has already taken place);
- You can request that we delete your data under certain circumstances;
- You can restrict us from processing certain personal information
- You can request to have your data transferred to another organisation
- You can object to our use of your information, including for marketing purposes
bob体育注册Under certain circumstances, you can make a complaint about the way we handle data to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner, using the process outlined. If you are an EEA resident, you can make a complaint to the relevant Data Protection Authority, which can be found .
Opting out of communications
You can always unsubscribe from any of our marketing or service communications by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of our emails, by updating your preferences, or by sending us an email at email@example.com. Remember you can also unsubscribe from any unwanted communications with third parties using the same processes.
Other important information
Our policy towards children
Our website and services are aimed at general audiences, and are not directed at anyone under the age of 16. If it is brought to our attention that we have collected the personal information of someone under the age of 16, we will take every effort to delete it from our databases as soon as possible.
How to contact us
Power Ledger’The Palace’, Level 2 108 St Georges TcePerth 6000WESTERN AUSTRALIAABN: 39 612 531 218TEL: +618 9322 6659